Saturday, November 3, 2007

Just do it

This week has been a fun one for my runs through Central park. It's beautiful and I'm always discovering new parts of the park, but this week was especially interesting to watch the set up take place for the NYC marathon, which has more than 90,000 participants. It started with the finish line (that I pretended to run through after 26 miles..haha..really just about 26 min, but someday!), then tents were placed through out the park, tons of trailors were brought in, news interviews yesterday, and a line of 10 Polar spring water trucks. I could feel the excitement in the air yesterday as I walked home from work and saw many people picking up their marathon gear. This morning as I entered the park for my run I discovered a race already happening- the men's olympic team trials! I was able to cheer for Ryan Hall who took first place and to my suprise... my friend from BYU, Nick McCombs! I ran across the park to meet Nick at the finish line. I had no idea he was running this weekend, so it was a fun reunion. Nick already qualified at the St. George marathon, so this race was just for "fun"! amazing! Good luck to Keila, my friend from the ward, running in the marathon tomorrow! Running a marathon is on my "list" of 100 things to do in my life, this week definitely reminded me of that goal and inspired me to go for it!

4 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Yay Mia, I wish I could be there with you. I heart Central Park!
-Lady

Briann said...

Wow! That's awesome! Can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving!

Bianca said...

mia, miss you-heard you were here this weekend...hope you had a good break!...cute cute blog

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Dear Lady I think you should update! Think it over.
-Secret