Monday, June 11, 2007

Living it up in NYC

Last night Bec and I played tour guides to a big group of guys from Rexburg. They are out here selling security systems in Virginia. In just five hours we visited Times Square, Ground Zero, Hudson River park to view the Statue of Liberty, the Empire State Building (including a virtual skyride) and ended the night with a limo ride through Times Square (standing up out of the sun roof cheering, music and everything). It was a fun and eventful night! Especially since we never do those things while living here. I'd love to be a tour guide again (wink wink).

5 comments:

Daniel J. Neeley said...

Wow, sounds like quite the tour! We'll have to figure a way to get out there. Perhaps not this summer, but sometime, you will have to show us around.

stace said...

picts! Sounds like so much fun! Do you feel tempted to stay out there?

Shelly Bean said...

hi!!!
i have two smaller checks for you...
where would you like me to send them??? you can e-mail me. shelby@soelboutique.com...
you look like you are having a real great time... have you gone to mood fabric yet? or rice? or pearl river?
some of my favorites.. oh yeah magnolia?

Louise said...

Hey Maria -- If you're still job hunting, you might try LDS Social Services, Employment Division. I once got a great summer job through them. Just a thought -- meanwhile -- keep having fun. What a great place to spend the summer! -- Aunt Louise

mia said...

thanks everyone for the comments. Sounds like a plan Dan! Sorry Stace, my camera battery died that night so no picts! :( I'm not sure if I would stay out here- I would need to find a really good job because it's so expensive -are you still thinking about coming out here? I've met a few social workers in the ward, there are lots of opportunities here! I can get their emails for you if you want to contact them. Thanks Louise for the job info! I will check it out. I was excited to see your blog! Thanks Shelby for all the ideas of places to go- I will check them out!! Love you all!