Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"you should blog about that"






I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial day weekend! This post is titled "you should blog about that" because that was Greg's comment after every picture taken and discussion had.. so here ya go Greg- I'm blogging about it! :) Bianca and Greg came to the city on Saturday and it was so fun to see them and hang out. We met up for lunch before the muscial they were going to. We were starved and in a time crunch so we went to the first deli we saw- Roxy's in Times square. I probably won't recommend this place in the future unless you like paying $25 for a sandwich and like salads that are piled 4 inches high with meat and cheese and maybe a piece of lettuce at the bottom. I know what you're thinking- "but Maria you only eat the toppings on your salad anyway".. yes that is true, but this was just a little much! Anyway, after the show B & G came to my place, we then enjoyed famous New York pizza at Patsy's, a walk through the park and then the train ride back to CT. I spent the night at Bianca's fam's place and was so grateful for their wonderful hospitality. Sunday was filled with great food, church, croquet (yes Greg ran a victory lap when he won), boat ride around the beautiful pond/river thing searching for turtles, more croquet (B and I gave up winning to go after Greg to make sure someone else could win), more great food- pies, bonfire, smores and amazing company! Thank you so much to the Booth family!! Monday I was back in the city enjoying a day to myself- running in the park, movie with milk duds, wandering to the pier and loving the warm weather, reading, running errands, etc. It was a great weekend!!

6 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Mia you are all over the East coast!!!!
I can't wait to see you.
-Becca

Natalie said...

What a fun memorial day weekend! And what adorable visitor friends you have!

Briann said...

What a great weekend you had!

Aubrey said...

Looks like fun - I wish I could have been there. Mia you need to come back to Boston and I know I need to come to NY. Someday soon hopefully.

Dallin and Megan Dyer said...

You look so sophisticated playing croquet. I love it!

Bianca said...

hey miagirl. miss you so much... i finally got to blogging our trip home :) it was so awesome to see you, talk to you soon! xox b